Sunday, April 1, 2007

Losing Faith in the GOP



I grew up in one of the most Republican districts in the country, so I\'ve always been kinda slanted towards the Republican way of thinking. I was so excited way back when, when the Republicans took control of the Congress after 30-something years of Democratic control. But gosh...my Republicans have left me "dissappointed" after all these years. Seems that absolutely NO ONE represents me anymore. Not the Democrats, not the Republicans.

Makes ya kinda wonder if things would be different now if Ross Perot had stuck with it years ago, and maybe got a third party rolling. Heck, I even voted for Kinky Friedman for Texas Governor, just because he was different than the usual Washington BS. Oh yeah, he actually wanted to DO SOMETHING about our southern border too!

I\'ll just do what I\'ve been doing and support the one candidate (whoever it is) that will stand up for my big issue of the time, whether it be immigration, income tax reform, etc.

I keep hearing that one day, eventually, the American people will stand up and boot out all these slackers from Washington someday, but I hate to say it, but I\'m losing faith in the American public. Everyone thinks "well, my crook is ok, it\'s the OTHERS that need to go," so nothing changes. I sure would like to see term limits on EVERYONE in Washington! I can dream, can\'t I? lol

Thanks for letting me rant!

Garry

 

No comments: