Sunday, May 27, 2007

Got My Curiosity Up

I'm not normally a huge fan of Al Gore, but the previous post has my curiosity up. Very few politicians would ever bring up the point about how the American electoral system is ailing from low voter turnout, cynicism, and an ill-informed public. If that is covered is Mr. Gore's book, I applaud him for it, as it needs to be discussed, and hopefully corrected (will probably never happen though, as sad as that is to say.)

It seems that nowadays, America is divided into 45% Republican, 45% Democrat, and the "other" 10% decides the election. Very few people know anything about the issues at hand, nor care to learn, because they already know how they're going to vote. "My dad, my grandpa, and my great grandpa all voted Democrat/Republican (you pick) and that's how I vote." Most people don't even know who their elected officials are. Ask your friends, you'd be surprised.

It's really sad when politicians are proven unworthy of trust, yet still get re-elected year after year. I can name a bunch of people from both parties that fit that description.

Hopefully, someday, the American people will stand up, and take our government back, but I'm afraid we haven't "bottomed-out" yet, and things will continue the way they are now.

Anyways, I do look forward to seeing what Mr. Gore had to say on the subject.

Garry

No comments: